The Living Tradition Issue 51
Featured in this issue -
- Capercaillie - From a school ceilidh band to the leading 'contemporary celtic' group - Steve McGrail charts the progress of Capercaillie.
- Jane & Amanda Threlfall- a group with a strong committment to England's traditional songs. Newish names perhaps, but with a stong pedigree - the article reveals a background of making things happen.
- Andy Irvine - One of Julian Gurr's extensive articles on the career of major figures on the folk scene. Andy Irvine was of course a member of Planxty - currently a member of The House Band and busy as a solo performer.
- Battlefield Band - Thirty three years on the road and still on the crest of a wave.
- John Joe Kelly- Member of Flook and a master of the bodhran.
- The Ballad Series - Pirate Ballads - a diversion from Nick's regular focus on the Child ballads puts the spotlight on 'the pirate ballads'. The sixth feature of our Ballad Series by Nick Caffrey
- Celtic Connections - Photofeature - Photo feature & review of Scotland's largest Folk Festival.
- Festival Listing 2003 - a comprehensive listing of UK festivals, plus advertising of many major festivals that will help you plan your attendance at events over the coming months.
- The Pipeline - In his regular feature on piping, Chris Mackenzie includes a more in-depth look at Finlay MacDonald, a piper who is making a big name for himself
Reviews - Issue Number 51
Boys of The Lough - Lonesome Blues and Dancing Shoes
Lasairfhiona Ni Chonaola - An Raicin Alainn
Cliar - Gun Taimh
Dickie Deegan - An Phib
Dochas - Dochas
Liz Doherty - Quare Imagination
Brian Hinton and Geoff Wall - The Guv'nor & the Rise of Folk Rock
John Kirkpatrick - Mazurka Berserker
Koda - Tight Squeeze
Iain MacDonald & Iain MacFarlane - The First Harvest
John McCusker - Goodnight Ginger
Patrick Street - Street Life
Maddy Prior & The Girls - Bib & Tuck
Kate Rusby - 10
The Keane Family - Citizens Keane
Niall Vallely & Cillian Vallely - Callan Bridge
Fintan Vallely - John Kennedy: Together in Time
Various Artists - Session Book One
Dave Webber & Anni Fentiman - Away From it All